From Indiana to the National Accelerators: COVID-19 and Interoperability for a Better Path Forward
The kickoff webinar in our “Interoperability Insights” series will showcase an innovative, cross-sector initiative in Indiana and some of the most important national accelerator projects in the U.S., including the DaVinci Project, Gravity Project, Carin Alliance’s Blue Button and NIC’s Project Unify.
Who: State IT Connect in partnership with the National Interoperability Collaborative (NIC, which is a project of the Stewards of Change Institute)
What: An interactive webinar series titled “Interoperability Insights,” which will focus on key sessions from the Healthcare IT Connect Conference over the next few months.
When: First webinar in the series is 12.00 to 2 p.m. (Eastern) Friday, May 1, 2020.
Where: Register here>> for complimentary access, add to calendar!
Why: Because the pandemic makes collaboration and interoperability even more important!
Leaders of these efforts will:
- provide an overview of their work;
- offer insights into practical ways for advancing information-sharing and interoperability; and, most pointedly,
- provide information and guidance aimed at addressing public health crises such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
The webinar will include:
- a preview of the Interoperability Institute’s Connectathon, which will be held on May 28 and 29; participants in this exciting virtual event will develop solutions for improving data interoperability across multiple domains.
- a presentation on the work of a Rapid Response “Data Coordination” Taskforce in Indiana, which works to inform and enable the state’s effort to combat COVID-19 across multiple agencies, providers and community-based organizations.
- “ignite” talks about the projects in HL7’s FHIR Accelerator Program, as well as the Project Unify proof-of-concept.
All the webinars in this series are being designed to be highly interactive. That is, attendee discussion will be encouraged and built into the format, with the goal of learning from each other and then synthesizing the learning to enhance strategic action planning for better-addressing future public health emergencies.
Agenda (12-2.00 EDT):
Introduction to key themes, topics:
Rob Waters, VP, Healthcare IT Connect
Daniel Stein, CEO, Stewards of Change
Tim Pletcher, CEO, MiHIN
Indiana’s COVID-19 Data Taskforce: Public health response, data sharing implications!
Connor Norwood, Chief Data Officer, Indiana FSSA, Data Coordinator, COVID-19 Taskforce
Jared Linder, CIO, Indiana FSSA
Join Connor Norwood and Jared Linder members of Indiana’s (FSSA) leadership team to learn how they were able to create a rapid response HIT taskforce to effectively inform and enable Indiana’s response to the COVID-19 crisis across multiple agencies, providers and community-based organizations.
Introduction to the Interoperability Institute’s Ignite program and Connectathon (May 27-28)
Mary Kratz, EVP, Interoperability Institute
Hear ignite presentations from HL7’s FHIR Accelerator Projects and Project Unify leaders as they prepare for a series of webinars leading to a virtual ‘Interopathon’ that will develop solutions for improving data interoperability across multiple domains.
Introduction to FHIR accelerator projects, Project Unify
Consumer Access (CARIN Blue Button)
Mark Roberts. Associate, Leavitt Partners, CARIN Alliance
Lisa Nelson, Gravity Project Technical Director, (MaxMD Principal Informaticist
Payer-Provider Collaboration (HL7 Da Vinci)
Jocelyn Keegan, Project Manager, Da Vinci, Principal Consultant, Point of Care Partners
Project Unify Demonstration Project (Project Unify)
Dave Walsh, MITA TAC, NIC Let’s Get Technical Co-Lead
Facilitated Discussion & InterviewAudience Q&A
How can FHIR innovations, new rules, and state experience be used to optimize data sharing, and respond to future public health crises?
Session wrap up and opportunities for follow up resources
Rob Waters, VP, Healthcare IT Connect
Where: Register here>>for complimentary access, add to calendar!