An Update on Affordable Care Act Implementation Across the States
Six months from now, several key provisions of the 2010 Affordable Care Act (ACA) will go into effect. Below is a brief overview of some of the most current changes taking effect across the US, as states elect to participate in ACA on a variety of different footings.
- New York state insurance regulators announced that insurance plans sold through health insurance exchanges (HIX) in 2014 may enjoy as much as a 50% decrease in premiums.
- Vermont secured a level-one health exchange grant for more than $42.6 million.
- Colorado was awarded a level-two exchange grant worth more than $116.2 million.
- Oregon is planning to spend $2.9 million in television advertising to educate Oregonians about it HIX.
- Michigan, Missouri, and New Hampshire are all in various stages of internal discussion as to whether or not they will decide to expand Medicaid. They have until mid-October to do so.